Let us tell you about our camp and all the things that you will be doing when you come to camp!
You can come to camp by bus from Toronto with all the other campers or your parents may want to drive you.
Camp Tanamakoon is on its own lake!
You will live in a nice cabin with your new friends and your counselor, who will teach you all kinds of fun things.
Things like swimming, canoeing, sailing, arts and crafts, cookouts, archery, dress up at the theatre, visit the horses and go fishing!
We sing lots of songs and play tons of games too!
The food is great at camp! We sit with our friends and counselors at breakfast, lunch and dinner! And we even have great snacks between meals!
We even get to go on a cookout and roast marshmallows over a campfire!
Your stay with us will be filled with lots of fun, new activities and lots of new friends!
Camp Tanamakoon Girls Kindercamp.
We hope to see you this summer!
Information For Parents
A first time camp experience for girls ages 4 - 6
At Tanamakoon girls ages 4 - 6 can have their first overnight camp experience for 3 days in early or late summer. The programme will allow your daughter to participate in activities, such as crafts, archery, canoeing, fishing and games. Campers will also go on a cookout and have a chance to be in "skit night". Children may attend both Kindercamps if they wish.
- Children live in cabins with 4 - 6 girls and 3 staff members. Our highly qualified and mature staff will ensure a safe, caring, supportive and fun environment for your daughter's stay at camp.
- Meals are served family style in our dining room and campers will also have a nighttime snack.
- The camp is located three hours north of Toronto on its own lake in Algonquin Park. Transportation is provided to and from Toronto by bus. Information is mailed to parents in the spring of each year. Children can also be picked up or dropped off at Cache Lake in Algonquin Park.
- Applications for next year will be accepted in the order in which they are received. Campers will receive a package of information in the spring, regarding clothing, travel times and health forms. There is only limited space in this program. We urge you to register early!
- Have your daughter join us and discover how Tanamakoon can be her first happy, fun filled camp experience away from home. The 3 days at camp will give your child a start to years filled with fun, adventure, memories and life-long friendships.
Friday, June 14th - Sunday, June 16th, 2019
Wednesday, August 28th - Friday, August 30th, 2019
For more information contact:
Kim Smith / Patti Thom
|Before May 1st
132 Reynolds Street
Phone: (905) 338-9464
|After May 1st
P.O. Box 10010,
Phone: (705) 633-5541
If you wish to stay nearby, accommodation can be arranged at Bartlett Lodge for the three days your daughter is at the camp.
Parents of Tanamakoon Kindercamp
In the interests of privacy we no longer list the names of families of children that attended Kindercamp. Over 75 families from the Southern Ontario region had children at Tanamakoon for our early and late Summer sessions. We are happy to provide you with family names of campers who may live in your area if you need further information about Kindercamp.
The forms in pdf form are for viewing information. We ask that you fill out the forms on line by clicking here: https://www.pronto2.com/camptanamakoon/forms.php
Kindercamp Information Sheet - Click here to download the info sheet
Kindercamp Application - Click here to download the application form
Kindercamp Health History - Click here to download the health history form
Photo Album - Kindercamp 2016
Kindercamp at Tanamakoon - YouTube Video
Camp Songs - Tanamakoon Video and Camp Song CD
Tanamakoon Kindercamp Brochure Request Form